Las Vegas Fireworks - 4th of July Events in Vegas
Fireworks in Las Vegas aren't exactly uncommon. Sin City likes to light up the sky for occasions big and small, but no Las Vegas fireworks show matches the one celebrating America's birthday. The 4th of July in Vegas 2012 will be no exception, as Vegas hotels, nightclubs and pool parties work around the weird timing of the holiday (a Wednesday) for a weekend celebration to highlight the summer.
Here are a few Fourth of July events in Vegas to look out for...
Las Vegas Fireworks Shows
Alright, there's a whole bunch so here's a quick rundown ...
- July 3rd @ Cashman Field - Post-game fireworks after the Triple-A Las Vegas 51s take on the Colorad0 Springs Sky Sox
- July 4th @ Station Casinos in Vegas - After 9pm
- July 4th @ Primm Valley Casino Resorts - 9:30pm
- July 7th @ Caesars Palace - 9:15pm
Our advice? Arrive early, and look up. Oh, and make a beer run beforehand.
On the 4th
Since many of us will have the day off, a number of Vegas bars will try to rope in the masses with novelty drink specials and (hopefully) some cheap beverages.
Highlights include a 4th of July PBR Bash on the Strip which, according to Vegas.com, will include $1 bull rides and their 3pm- 6pm happy hour special with $3 beers and 2-for-1 wells. Not a lot to celebrate here, but it IS outside and the people watching is pretty solid on this side of the Strip.
Las Vegas pools won't be a bad option either on the 4th, though any Vegas veteran can tell you to expect huge crowds on Wednesday afternoon. For the young-ins, Vegas pool parties not usually open on Wednesday (see: Wet Republic, TAO Beach and Beachlife at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino) will come alive to celebrate what America's all about: booze, bikinis and babes, mostly
Oh, and speaking of things country singers like to talk about, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill will be featuring a Barbecue Platter for - you guessed it (or did you?) - $17.76 all day long. Unfortunately, the Budweiser will be sold separately.
If you're traveling with the kiddos, there's also a day-long parade and carnival in nearby Boulder City, capped off at night with a fireworks display at 9pm.
Meanwhile, if you're looking for something a bit more lively ...
For the most part, it looks like the 4th of July festivities will be pushed back just a couple of days to accommodate the weekend masses. Highlights of the 4th of July weekend in Vegas include...
- Asia and John Payne will play the Fremont Street Experience Saturday night. Yes ... Asia. (Searching for an ironic joke here ... Still searching ... )
- Foster the People continue to fight off their "One Hit Wonder" tag by taking their act to The Cosmopolitan's Boulevard Pool on Saturday, July 7th.
- Sex Panther (the musicians, not the cologne that allegedly smells like Bigfoot's privates) will host Ditch Friday at the Palms on the 6th.
- Speaking of panthers, our favorite '80's tribute band, Steel Panther, will headline a night of headbanging at the House of Blues on Saturday, the 7th as well.
- If you like to laugh (yes, we're generalizing broadly here), Seth Meyers of SNL fame will be performing Friday night at the Terry Fator Theater at the Mirage. And if you don't like to laugh, well, you probably shouldn't be on our site.
- The UFC Fan Expo will be taking place Friday and Saturday at Mandalay Bay because, let's face it, nothing says "America" like getting punched in the head. Or kicked in the head. Headshots in general, really...
- And finally, the aforementioned fireworks at Caesars Palace are NOT to be missed. Seriously, if you're on the Strip around 9:15pm on Satuday night, all we ask is that you look up. Be a team player!
These are just a handful of the events celebrating the 4th of July in Vegas. As always, we'd LOVE to hear from fellow Cheapos about other Independence Day events you're looking forward to in our comments section below, or hit us up on Facebook or Twitter to get the word out!