Cinco de Mayo, more like Cinco de My-Oh-My!
Happy (almost) 5th of May, fellow Cheapos! It's that wonderful time of year where the flowers are blooming, (well, the cactus in Las Vegas) the booze is flowing freely and the pool parties are in full effect. If you're using this Cinco de Mayo Las Vegas as an excuse for a Sin City getaway, you're in for some festivities this weekend!
What better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in a Las Vegas Mexican restaurant?
- Starting May 3 (yeah, we're starting early), Hussong's Cantina & Taqueria will have a beerpong tournie, fuseball tournament and a... Shakeweight competition. This is Mexican meets America the way we do it best - with utter nonsense that doesn't have to make sense to be entertaining.
Working out and drinking at the same time? Great idea, guys! $5 shots (of tequila down an ice luge) and $3 draft beers won't keep you sober for long, so hopefully you're using this week to rest up for the weekend! This Mandalay Bay restaurant will have a Mariachi band cheering you on through the 60oz margaritas, or maybe even the giant margaritas if you're man enough for that.
- Drink all day on the patio of Cabo Wabo at Planet Hollywood, which kicks off at 11am. It's going to be sunny and in the high 80's, so why not grab a $15 pitcher or $25 bucket of beer to get the party started before noon? Rise and shine and greet the day with a beer or 6!
- This may be the perfect time to check out the Flamingo's new addition to the family, Carlos 'n Charlie's.
- Senor Frog's Las Vegas is opening for the year and kicking off the debauchery this Saturday. If you're a fan of the never ending Spring Break Vibe, this is your spot boys and girls! Plus, you can be one of the first to check out their outdoor patio overlooking the Strip.
- Tacos & Tequila at the Luxor will be celebrating the 5th of May with the cast of Fantasy! These dancers (and the DJ) will be keeping the party going from 7pm on, as if getting 6 tacos and 6 beers for $29 isn't enough to do that already! Guzzle down your 6 Coronas and you'll feel like part of the Fantasy crowd yourself.
- Partying through the late night? Nightclubs Pure, Tryst, LAX and Tao will all have Cinco de Mayo Vegas specials going on! Hell, you might find lots of special things at the club this night! Dancing, tequila and pretty ladies will be in high supply and high demand, as usual.
This is the last night the Rockhouse Bar & Nightclub will be open, so they're going all out for Cinco de Mayo Las Vegas 2012 and are planning on leaving quite a mess for the Linq to clean up when they take over. (Kind of like those parties all your friends throw when they move out of one crappy apartment and into another.) Everyone gets wild and everyone gets... free drinks! Starting at 10pm, drinks are all going to be $6, and every hour they will drop $1 in price until 4am, when they'll be free until the Rockhouse closes their doors for good. (Or at least until they move to Planet Hollywood down the street.)
Before the party gets started (or, let's face it, during), check out the much-hyped Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Miguel Cotto boxing match at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Whether you plan on attending the fight (good luck with that) or hoping to watch it at a bar or Vegas Sports book, we want to pat the guys on the back who thought of combining a Vegas boxing match with Cinco de Mayo. That's a good job by you, sir!
If comedy is what you're looking for (and we don't mean the kind you'll get watching drunk girls stumble around with one shoe in their hand and gum in their hair), Tim Allen will be doing his stand up at the Venetian Showroom. Ray Ramano and Kevin James will be headlining at the Aces of Comedy in the Terry Fator Theater and Bill Maher will be at the Orleans Showroom. Now THERE are some laughs for ya, Las Vegas!
If comedy isn't really your thing, you can get sloppy drunk at the REO Speedwagon, Styx & Ted Nugent concert at the Planet Hollywood Theater of Performing Arts. Then again, Elton John- The Million Dollar Piano would be the more laid back option for all the grandpas, and possibly moms, out there. If that's more your style, don't miss him at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
Happy Cinco de Mayo to all the partiers out there. Let's not forget this holiday is in honor of the Mexican-American War, commemorating freedom and democracy. This is not the Mexican Independence Day, and most of Mexico doesn't even celebrate this holiday, so can we all agree to just do them a favor and celebrate for them? Party Hearty all! And please keep fully clothed and out of jail for at least most of the day ... Oh, and do us a favor and let us know where YOU will be partying in the comments section below.